Ideal for All


Department of Health announces deadline for reclaiming care home fees

MoneyThe Department of Health has announced the deadline for reclaiming care home fees.  All applications must be submitted by 30th September 2012. If you or a relative suffer from a long term health condition and have been paying for care, you could be entitled to NHS Continuing Healthcare to cover the costs.

More information is available at the following link -

Claims can be backdated to April 2004 and can be made on behalf of a family member, even if they have sadly passed away. 

If you believe a relative was wrongly assessed, before October 2007 or since this date, then speak to your social worker, health practitioner or local Primary Care Trust for a continuing care review or ask for a retrospective assessment from when they first entered the nursing home.

If it's decided your relative was wrongly assessed, then you could get your money back.

You are able to claim back fees retrospectively for care even if the relative is no longer at the nursing home. How far back you can claim depends on where you live.  In England you can claim back fees from April 2004 onwards.


You are here: Home